Easter is around the corner, and with it comes an abundance of leftover ham. While it’s delicious on its own, there are many ways to use leftover ham to make scrumptious and satisfying sandwiches. In this post, we’ll explore some creative and delicious leftover ham sandwiches recipes that are perfect for lunches, picnics, or any meal of the day.
- 1 Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
- 2 How To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches?
- 3 11 Popular Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
- 3.1 Ham And Pesto Sandwich
- 3.2 Pineapple And Ham Sandwich
- 3.3 Cuban Ham Sandwich
- 3.4 Banh Mi Sandwich
- 3.5 Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 3.6 Ham Spread
- 3.7 Thanksgiving Sandwich
- 3.8 Hawaiian Ham And Cheese Sliders
- 3.9 Ham Salad Pitas
- 3.10 Open-Faced Ham And Cheese Sandwich
- 3.11 Mini Ham, Swiss, Rye Sandwiches with Cranberry Onion Relish
- 4 What To Serve With Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes?
- 5 How To Store And Reheat Leftover Ham Sandwiches?
- 6 Tips To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes More Interesting
- 7 Conclusion: Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
- 8 FAQ: Leftover Ham Sandwiches
- 8.1 What to do with leftover sandwiches?
- 8.2 How long is leftover ham good for?
- 8.3 How do you make leftover sandwiches not soggy?
- 8.4 Can you eat leftover ham?
- 8.5 How do you make a sandwich crispy again?
- 8.6 Do you heat up leftover ham?
- 8.7 How do you moisten leftover ham?
- 8.8 How many days can you keep a ham sandwich in the fridge?
- 8.9 Can you eat a cold ham sandwich?
- 8.10 Can you eat 2 day old ham sandwich?
Ingredients You’ll Need To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
- Leftover ham
- Bread/wrap/tortilla (depending on the type of sandwich you’d like to make)
- Cheese, vegetables, condiments and other desired extras
How To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches?
1. Begin by slicing your leftover ham into thin pieces to make it easier to layer in the sandwich.
2. Select the type of bread you want for your sandwich and lightly toast it if desired.
3. Add a generous helping of ham slices along with any desired extras, such as cheese, tomatoes, lettuce or condiments.
4. Place the top piece of bread over the filling and press lightly to compact it all together.
5. Slice the sandwich in half diagonally or however you prefer and enjoy.
11 Popular Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
Ham And Pesto Sandwich
This sandwich is a classic that never gets old. Spread pesto on slices of bread, add thin slices of ham, and top with arugula or any other greens you have on hand. For added flavor, add sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers.
Pineapple And Ham Sandwich
This sweet and tangy sandwich is perfect for those who want to experiment with different flavors. Start by toasting a slice of bread, then add a layer of cream cheese. Top with slices of leftover ham and canned pineapple. Drizzle with honey or agave nectar to add sweetness.
Cuban Ham Sandwich
The Cuban Ham Sandwich is a delicious way to use up leftover ham. Spread mustard on slices of Cuban bread, then add Swiss cheese, thinly sliced leftover ham, pickles, and mayo. Grill the sandwich on a pan until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.
Banh Mi Sandwich
Banh Mi is a Vietnamese sandwich that is popular all over the world. Begin with a baguette and spread mayo or aioli inside. Then, add slices of ham, pickled carrots, cilantro, jalapeños, and a squeeze of lime juice. For an added crunch, sprinkle on some chopped peanuts.
Monte Cristo Sandwich
The Monte Cristo sandwich is a classic French sandwich that is perfect for breakfast or brunch. Layer slices of ham and cheese in between two slices of bread. Dip the sandwich in a mixture of beaten eggs and milk, and then fry until it’s crispy and golden brown. Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar on top.
Transform your leftover ham into a delectable sandwich spread or creamy dip for crackers with this simple recipe recommended by Pat Schwarz. By combining it with onions and dill pickle relish, you can achieve a rich and flavorful flavor profile that pairs perfectly with fresh lettuce on a soft bun. So why let your ham go to waste when you can create a savory spread with just a few ingredients?
Indulge in a scrumptious sandwich featuring popular Thanksgiving leftovers like ham, turkey, and mashed potatoes. For added decadence, savor it with a drizzle of leftover gravy and use a fork and knife to fully relish the flavors.
Hawaiian Ham And Cheese Sliders
Indulge in the delicious combination of salty ham and sweet Hawaiian buns in these warm sliders. The pièce de résistance is a spoonful of buttery mustard onions on each sandwich before they’re baked. Savor every bite.
Ham Salad Pitas
These ham pitas offer a delightful blend of smoothness and crispiness, delivering a burst of flavors and textures in every bite. A perfect solution for your leftover ham, this stuffed pita recipe, created by SLAUSON, brings together the savory notes of almonds and the sweet tanginess of grapes that perfectly complement the meat’s saltiness.
Open-Faced Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Indulge in the perfect combination of thick-sliced ham, a flavorful fried egg, rich Swiss cheese, and herbaceous pesto, all sandwiched between hearty bread. Enjoy this savory delight any time of day – for breakfast or dinner, it will always tantalize your taste buds.
Mini Ham, Swiss, Rye Sandwiches with Cranberry Onion Relish
Indulge in a medley of holiday flavors with each bite of these petite sandwiches. Delectable savory ham, luscious cranberry sauce, zesty rosemary, and tangy Dijon mustard create a mouth-watering feast.
What To Serve With Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes?
- Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
- Potato Soup
- New England Clam Chowder
- Potato Salad
- Parmesan Rosemary Potato Chips
- Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad
How To Store And Reheat Leftover Ham Sandwiches?
Once you’re done making your sandwiches, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or store them in an airtight container. Leftover ham sandwiches can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat the sandwich on a pan or in the microwave until it’s hot and the cheese is melted.
Also, try: what gravy goes with ham
Tips To Make Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes More Interesting
- Add a spread, such as mayonnaise, mustard or cream cheese for added flavor and texture.
- Top your sandwich with grilled vegetables like bell peppers to give it an extra crunch and nutty flavor.
- Swap out your regular bread for something more interesting like a wrap or a flatbread.
- For an extra cheesy sandwich, try adding a few slices of your favorite cheese.
- Get creative with the condiments you use; try substituting honey mustard for regular yellow mustard, or adding pesto to give it a unique flavor.
Conclusion: Leftover Ham Sandwiches Recipes
These leftover ham sandwiches recipes are perfect for a quick and easy meal. With these recipes, you can transform your Easter leftovers into delicious, satisfying sandwiches that are sure to please all eaters. So the next time you have leftover ham, don’t hesitate to give these recipes a try. Thanks for reading at mollysmtview.
FAQ: Leftover Ham Sandwiches
What to do with leftover sandwiches?
Transform Leftovers into Delicious Meals – Turn leftover bread, meat, and cheese roll-ups into croutons or bread crumbs, and use them in recipes for lunch or dinner. Alternatively, chop up the meat and cheese and incorporate them into breakfast dishes like omelettes or egg muffins for a satisfying and flavorful start to your day. Need inspiration? Check out my Baked Italian Sandwiches post for step-by-step instructions on breaded and baked sandwiches that your whole family will love.
How long is leftover ham good for?
Proper Storage for Ham and Leftovers: Guidelines suggest that spiral-cut hams and leftovers from consumer-cooked hams should be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days or frozen for up to two months. To maintain quality and safety, ensure that your refrigerator is set at or below 40 °F and your freezer stays near 0 °F. For more information on food safety pertaining to ham, check out “Ham and Food Safety”.
How do you make leftover sandwiches not soggy?
Prevent soggy sandwiches by layering large pieces of lettuce between the bread and other wet ingredients on both the top and bottom slices. Keep your sandwich fresh and enjoyable with this easy tip.
Can you eat leftover ham?
Enjoy your ham with peace of mind! Whether your ham package has been opened or sliced at the deli counter, your leftovers can be safely consumed for up to five days.
How do you make a sandwich crispy again?
Do you desire a crispy grilled cheese sandwich? Reheat it in a hot pan on the stove for a few minutes on each side until the cheese is melted and the bread is crunchy. Enjoy the added crunch.
Do you heat up leftover ham?
Enjoy your cooked, vacuum-packaged hams straight from the package – no heating required! But if you’re in the mood to warm it up, make sure to set your oven at 325 °F or higher and let it heat to an internal temperature of 140 °F. And remember to always use a food thermometer for accurate measurements.
How do you moisten leftover ham?
To warm your delicious slices perfectly, preheat your oven to 325°F. Placing them on a greased baking pan in a single layer, add a dash of broth or water and cover it with foil. After 10 minutes, turn the slices once and let them bake again till heated through.
How many days can you keep a ham sandwich in the fridge?
Maximize the fresh flavors of your sandwich by following these guidelines: when kept refrigerated, it can last for 3-5 days; when stored at room temperature, consume it within 2 hours to avoid spoilage. And when the ambient temperature is below 90°, enjoy your sandwich within 4 hours.
Can you eat a cold ham sandwich?
Enjoy a scrumptious twist on traditional ham by pairing a fresh baked loaf of bread with a delicious baked ham. Savor it hot or cold, either way it’s a mouthwatering delight.
Can you eat 2 day old ham sandwich?
When it comes to prepackaged lunch meat, it’s safe to eat it for up to 10 days after the sell-by date. But once it’s opened, make sure to consume it within five days to ensure its freshness and safety.
Bobby Kelly is a bartender at Molly Magees, an Irish pub in Mountain View. He’s been working there for two years and has developed a following among the regulars. Bobby is known for his friendly demeanor and great drink specials. He loves interacting with customers and making them feel welcome. When he’s not at work, Bobby enjoys spending time with his friends and family.